IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control, Sept. 2021,
Maria M. Karzova
- ResearcherID O-9859-2015
- ISTINA http://istina.msu.ru/profile/KarzovaMM/
- ResearchGate https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Maria_Karzova
- LinkedIn https://fr.linkedin.com/pub/maria-karzova/9a/48/b63
Areas of Research Activity:
- 2016 – PhD in Acoustics from M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University (MSU) and Ecole Centrale de Lyon, France (ECL)
- 01.03.2012 – 01.04.2016 – PhD Program: cotutelle program between Department of Acoustics, Physics Faculty, Moscow State University (Russia) and Ecole Centrale de Lyon, LMFA laboratory (France). Specialization: Acoustics, thesis title: “Nonlinear focusing and reflection of shock pulses and high intensity ultrasound waves: applications in medical ultrasound and aeroacoustics”. Co-Supervisors: Dr. Vera A. Khokhlova (in Russia), Dr. Philippe Blanc-Benon (in France). PhD thesis title: "Nonlinear focusing and reflection of shock acoustic waves: applications in medical ultrasound and aeroacoustics".
- 01.09.2010 – 31.01.2012 – MS Program (diploma with honors), Department of Acoustics, Physics Faculty, M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University (Russia). Branch: Fundamental radiophysics and Physical electronics, speciality: Physical acoustics. Thesis title: “Saturation mechanisms of shock wave parameters in pulsed and periodic high-intensity focused ultrasound beams”.
- 01.09.2006 – 30.06.2010 – BS Program, Department of Acoustics, Physics Faculty, M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University (Russia).
- 01.09.2004 – 30.06.2006 – high school, Moscow State University Advanced Educational Center (Russia).
- 2019 – present – Senior Researcher, Dept. of General Physics and Condensed Matter Physics, Physics Faculty of MSU
- 2016 – 2019 – Research fellow, Dept. of Acoustics, Physics Faculty, M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University
- 2022-present Grant of the Russian Scientific Foundation "The use of shock-waves to accelerate volumetric thermal ablation of biological tissues by high-intensity focused ultrasound"
- 2020, 2022 Rector's scholarship for young scientists from M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University
- 2019-2021 Grant from Russian Foundation for Basic Research (RFBR) "New approaches to volumetric thermal ablation of biological tissues by focused ultrasound with high-amplitude shock fronts in non-invasive surgery applications"
- 2018 Award and medal of the Russian Acoustical Society named after L.M. Brekhovskikh
- 2017 Grant of the Russian Scientific Foundation "Effects of atmospheric turbulence and irregular reflection from rigid surfaces on the parameters of a sonic boom wave in relation to the problems of aeroacoustics"
- 2016 Award for young scientists of Faculty of Physics of Moscow State University
- 2016-2018 Scholarship from the President of Russia for young scientists
- 2015 Award for young scientists of Moscow State University
- 2013 Grant from the International Commission for Acoustics and Acoustical Society of America for excellent contributions to Acoustics
- 2013 Award for the best student poster presentation at the 4th Winter School on Therapeutic Ultrasound (17-22 March, Les Houches, France)
- 2012-2013 Grant of the Russian Foundation for Basic Research for young scientists, RFBR 12-02-31830, “Experimental and numerical study of the spatial and temporal structure of acoustical fields with shocks in the processes of nonlinear focusing and reflection from boundaries”
- 2012-2015 Scholarship from the French Government for joint PhD Program between Moscow State University (Russia) and Ecole Centrale de Lyon (France)
- 2012 Award for the best student presentation at the XXV Session of the Russian Acoustical Society, section on Nonlinear acoustics
- 2012 First place at the R.V. Khokhlov contest of the best MS student thesis at the Physics Department of Moscow State University
- 2011-2012 M.V.Lomonosov stipend for excellence in research and studies at the Physics Department of Moscow State University
- 2011 Award from the Acoustical Society of America (Student Stipend Program) to assist the research of promising graduate students in acoustics
- 2011 Student stipend in theoretical physics from Dynasty Foundation
- 2011 Award for the best student presentation at the XXIV Session of the Russian Acoustical Society, section on Nonlinear acoustics
- "“HIFU beam”: a simulator for predicting axially symmetric nonlinear acoustic fields generated by focused transducers in a layered medium"6892837–2852. DOI: 10.1109/TUFFC.2021.3074611
- "Dual-use transducer for ultrasound imaging and pulsed focused ultrasound (pFUS) therapy"
IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control, Sept. 20216892930–2941. DOI: 10.1109/TUFFC.2021.3070528
- "Ultrastructural analysis of volumetric histotripsy bio-effects in large human hematomas"
Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology4792608–2621. DOI: 10.1016/j.ultrasmedbio.2021.05.002
- "Numerical simulation of a nonlinear parabolic equation for analyzing the perceived loudness statistics of sonic boom wave after propagation through atmospheric turbulent layer"
- "Impact of treatment trajectory on temperature field uniformity in biological tissue irradiated by ultrasound pulses with shocks"
- "Irregular reflection of spark-generated shock pulses from a rigid surface: Mach-Zehnder interferometry measurements in air"
The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America145126-35
- "Effect of surface roughness on nonlinear reflection of weak shock waves"
The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America1465438-443
- "Accelerated thermal ablation of biological tissue volumes using HIFU beams with shock fronts"
- "Simulating and measuring the acoustic radiation force of a focused ultrasonic beam on elastic spheres in water"
Bulletin of the Russian Academy of Sciences: Physics83177-81
- "A novel method for non-invasive mechanical ablation of prostate tumors using pulsed focused ultrasound"
Urologiia667-73 (in Russian)
- "Shock formation and nonlinear saturation effects in the ultrasound field of a diagnostic curvilinear probe"
The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America14142327-2337
- "Generation of a vortex ultrasonic beam with a phase plate with an angular dependence of the thickness"
Moscow University Physics Bulletin72161–67
- "Numerical Approaches to Simulating Nonlinear Ultrasound Fields Generated by Diagnostic-Type Transducers"
Bulletin of the Russian Academy of Sciences: Physics818927-931
- "Characterization of spark-generated N-waves in air using an optical schlieren method"
The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America13763244-3252
- "Mach-Zehnder interferometry method for acoustic shock wave measurements in air and broadband calibration of microphones"
The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America13763314-3324
- "Mach stem formation in reflection and focusing of weak shock acoustic pulses"
The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America137EL436436–442
- "Application of a Mach–Zehnder interferometer to the observation of mach stem formation when a shock wave is reflected from a rigid surface"
Bulletin of the Russian Academy of Sciences: Physics.79101293-1295
- "Acoustic field characterization of the Duolith: Measurements and modeling of a clinical shockwave therapy device"
J. Acoust. Soc. Am.13421663-1674
- "Mechanisms for saturation of nonlinear pulsed and periodic signals in focused acoustic beams"