Maria M. Karzova
- ResearcherID O-9859-2015
- ISTINA http://istina.msu.ru/profile/KarzovaMM/
- ResearchGate https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Maria_Karzova
- LinkedIn https://fr.linkedin.com/pub/maria-karzova/9a/48/b63
Areas of Research Activity:
- 2016 – PhD in Acoustics from M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University (MSU) and Ecole Centrale de Lyon, France (ECL)
- 01.03.2012 – 01.04.2016 – PhD Program: cotutelle program between Department of Acoustics, Physics Faculty, Moscow State University (Russia) and Ecole Centrale de Lyon, LMFA laboratory (France). Specialization: Acoustics, thesis title: “Nonlinear focusing and reflection of shock pulses and high intensity ultrasound waves: applications in medical ultrasound and aeroacoustics”. Co-Supervisors: Dr. Vera A. Khokhlova (in Russia), Dr. Philippe Blanc-Benon (in France). PhD thesis title: "Nonlinear focusing and reflection of shock acoustic waves: applications in medical ultrasound and aeroacoustics".
- 01.09.2010 – 31.01.2012 – MS Program (diploma with honors), Department of Acoustics, Physics Faculty, M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University (Russia). Branch: Fundamental radiophysics and Physical electronics, speciality: Physical acoustics. Thesis title: “Saturation mechanisms of shock wave parameters in pulsed and periodic high-intensity focused ultrasound beams”.
- 01.09.2006 – 30.06.2010 – BS Program, Department of Acoustics, Physics Faculty, M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University (Russia).
- 01.09.2004 – 30.06.2006 – high school, Moscow State University Advanced Educational Center (Russia).
- 2019 – present – Senior Researcher, Dept. of General Physics and Condensed Matter Physics, Physics Faculty of MSU
- 2016 – 2019 – Research fellow, Dept. of Acoustics, Physics Faculty, M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University
- 2022-present Grant of the Russian Scientific Foundation "The use of shock-waves to accelerate volumetric thermal ablation of biological tissues by high-intensity focused ultrasound"
- 2020, 2022 Rector's scholarship for young scientists from M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University
- 2019-2021 Grant from Russian Foundation for Basic Research (RFBR) "New approaches to volumetric thermal ablation of biological tissues by focused ultrasound with high-amplitude shock fronts in non-invasive surgery applications"
- 2018 Award and medal of the Russian Acoustical Society named after L.M. Brekhovskikh
- 2017 Grant of the Russian Scientific Foundation "Effects of atmospheric turbulence and irregular reflection from rigid surfaces on the parameters of a sonic boom wave in relation to the problems of aeroacoustics"
- 2016 Award for young scientists of Faculty of Physics of Moscow State University
- 2016-2018 Scholarship from the President of Russia for young scientists
- 2015 Award for young scientists of Moscow State University
- 2013 Grant from the International Commission for Acoustics and Acoustical Society of America for excellent contributions to Acoustics
- 2013 Award for the best student poster presentation at the 4th Winter School on Therapeutic Ultrasound (17-22 March, Les Houches, France)
- 2012-2013 Grant of the Russian Foundation for Basic Research for young scientists, RFBR 12-02-31830, “Experimental and numerical study of the spatial and temporal structure of acoustical fields with shocks in the processes of nonlinear focusing and reflection from boundaries”
- 2012-2015 Scholarship from the French Government for joint PhD Program between Moscow State University (Russia) and Ecole Centrale de Lyon (France)
- 2012 Award for the best student presentation at the XXV Session of the Russian Acoustical Society, section on Nonlinear acoustics
- 2012 First place at the R.V. Khokhlov contest of the best MS student thesis at the Physics Department of Moscow State University
- 2011-2012 M.V.Lomonosov stipend for excellence in research and studies at the Physics Department of Moscow State University
- 2011 Award from the Acoustical Society of America (Student Stipend Program) to assist the research of promising graduate students in acoustics
- 2011 Student stipend in theoretical physics from Dynasty Foundation
- 2011 Award for the best student presentation at the XXIV Session of the Russian Acoustical Society, section on Nonlinear acoustics