Olga V. Georg (Bessonova)
Areas of Research Activity:
- 17.06.2010 – PhD in Acoustics from M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University (MSU). Thesis title: “Nonlinear effects in high intensity focused ultrasound beams: modeling and application in noninvasive surgery“. Supervisor: V.A. Khokhlova; official reviewers: A.A. Karabutov, I.Yu. Demin; reviewing organization: N. N. Andreyev Acoustical Institute.
- 01.03.2007 – 01.04.2010 – PhD Program in Acoustics at M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University (MSU). Speciality: Acoustics, supervisor: V.A. Khokhlova.
- 01.09.2001 – 31.01.2007 – MS Program (diploma with honors), Department of Acoustics, Physics Faculty, M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University (Russia). Thesis title: “Focusing of high power ultrasound beams and limiting values of acoustic shock wave parameters”, supervisor: V.A. Khokhlova.
- 2010 – current time – Research Scientist; Physikalisch-technische Bundesanstalt, 1.62 Ultrasound (Braunschweig, Germany)
- 2010-2011 Scholarship from the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) for the scintific work in Germany (PTB, Braunschweig, Germany)
- 2009 Laureate of the youth forum “Fundamental and applied aspects of innovation projects at the Physical Faculty of Moscow State University”
- 2008 First Place Best Student Paper Presentation XX Session of the Russian Acoustical Society; Moscow, Russia
- 2007 Student scholarship from the Acoustical Society of America
- 2006 First Place Best Student Paper Presentation XVIII Session of the Russian Acoustical Society; Taganrog, Russia
- 2005-2006 Special stipend named after M.V. Keldish awarded from Moscow State University for excellent study and productive scientific research
- 2004 Laureate of the contest of RAO UES of Russia for the best student scientific work